January 28 – 30, 2019
Scotts Valley, CA
“The World-Changing Women Summit was the most extraordinary, inspiring, and transformative gathering I have attended in my life. To be in the company of such powerful, authentic women with such a thoughtful agenda and curated content was game-changing for me as a professional and a person.”
Picture a place where ancient redwoods tower above, hiking trails extend for miles, and yoga, meditation, and massage are offered daily.
Now imagine what it would be like to be at this place connecting with hundreds of other female change agents who are working to make the world a better place.
See yourself having deep conversations with your peers about what matters most in business, laughing with new friends, and connecting and networking with the leading businesswomen from around the world at a world-class retreat center.
This is the World-Changing Women’s Summit.
For three days, leading women in conscious business will gather at 1440 Multiversity to connect with each other, learn from each other, and discover new ways of thinking about how to change the world. At the Summit you will:
- Hear from and meet some of the most successful women in conscious business
- Participate in workshops hosted by world-class facilitators and trainers
- Find fellow female business leaders you can talk to about the issues you’re facing
- Connect and network with some of the most accomplished business people in the space
- Take time to celebrate and make invaluable connections
- Have time for yoga, hiking, or simply relaxing at a beautiful wellness center
- Enjoy freshly made, nutritious, daily meals
*Reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions
What to Expect at the Summit
“This is more than a gathering of women. This is reconnecting with your tribe, or finding it for the first time. The energy, the inspiration and the connection available to us with this space is beyond what you could ever hope for from a traditional conference.”
We’re curating a powerhouse group of female leaders to share wisdom, find inspiration, and connect around best practices for leading and thriving in the conscious business world.
The best and brightest will gather for three days to dive deep and have raw conversations about critical topics such as:
- Developing yourself as an authentic, conscious leader in the workplace
- Bringing more purpose into the workplace
- Working more effectively across generations
- Developing a more inclusive workplace culture
- Best practices for raising capital
- Managing the stress of work-life integration
- Scaling your company while staying true to your values
- Creating more impact in the world
Previous Speakers Include
Vice President People Development, Google
Singer, Speaker, RAPtivist
Co-founder, The Pachamama Alliance & Founder, The Soul of Money Institute
Founder, The Runway Project
Co-founder & Co-CEO, Beneficial State Bank
Natalia Oberti Noguera
Founder and CEO, Pipeline Angels
Rev. Deborah Johnson
Founder, Inner Light Ministries and The Motivational Institute
Co-founder & CEO, Solstice
Co-Founder & Co-CEO, EO Products
Founder & CEO, MeetMindful
Co-Founder & Executive Director, Empower Generation
Co-Founder & Chief Inventor of TUSHY, THINX, Icon, WILD
Lisa Skeete Tatum
Co-founder & CEO, Landit
Publisher, Dumbo Feather Magazine; Co-founder & Creative Director, Small Giants
Co-founder & CEO, Seed Spot
Founder, Plum Alley
Co-founder, Purpose Generation
Founder & CEO, Shea Yeleen
Robyn Sue Fisher
Founder & CEO, Smitten Ice Cream
Author/Journalist, Co-founder What Will It Take Movements
Director, B Lab
Director, Oath for Good (formerly Yahoo)
CEO & President, Sylvatex Inc.
Author, “Raise Capital on Your Own Terms: How to Fund Your Business Without Selling Your Soul”
CEO of Kreyol Essence
Co-founder and Co-CEO, Werk
Author, Former First Lady of Oregon
Co-Founder & CEO, Impact Hub Oakland
Carolyn Buck Luce
Managing Partner, Imaginal Labs
Founder & CEO, Conscious Leaders
Founder & Director, The Culture Conference
Founder and CEO at Resonate
Director of Enterprise Strategy at Werk
Business Development Director Soul of Money Institute
Stay tuned for 2019 speaker announcements!
Who Should Attend
While the Summit is open to any woman or gender non-conforming person who identifies as a change agent and leader in her/their community, we’re especially interested in convening female founders, CEOs, executives, and entrepreneurs involved with conscious businesses. This gathering might be the place for you if:
- You’re seeking to build a community of peers who can help you take your business or role to the next level
- You go to work to make a difference, not just to earn a paycheck
- You believe that, in the right hands and with the right intentions, business can be a powerful force for good in the world
- You reflect often on how to be a more effective, authentic, and empowering leader
- You enjoy nerding out about the nitty-gritty of running a successful and sustainable business
- You care about equality, justice, freedom, and wellbeing for all communities and ecosystems
- You’re often forging your own path through what sometimes feels like an uncharted territory
- You believe in the power of human-centered workplaces to create both stronger businesses and healthier communities
- You’re not afraid to look in the mirror and do the hard internal work needed to be the change you want to see in the world
- You’re open to connecting with and learning from a community of liked-minded achievers
You probably know the dismal stats about women in business. Only 32 of the Fortune 500 companies have female CEOs. Women still make 79 percent of the wages for the same work as men. Only 20% of all business investment goes into women-led businesses — and that’s even worse for women of color. The list goes on.
And yet, times are changing. Not equally, not everywhere, but they are. We’ve seen firsthand how an inspired band of powerful women are leading the way within the conscious business movement, working hard and smart to not only shatter glass ceilings but to build a better, more just and beautiful world for everyone through the power of business.
It’s time to gather these change agents in one place. We are CEOs, thought leaders, and entrepreneurs. We are investors and changemakers, movers and shakers, dreamers and doers. It’s time to join voices and forces, share stories and resources, eat and drink, laugh and cry together — and support each other as we change the world.
We’re already strong. Together, we can be unstoppable.
Session 1: CEO Confidential: Secrets of Bold Leadership
Our era demands bold, visionary leadership. In this session, some of the most forward-thinking leaders in conscious business share their insights on how all of us can make more impact in the world.
Vicki Saunders, Steph Speirs, Lisa Skeete Tatum, Kat Taylor
Session 2: Small Group Workshops: Stepping Into Bold Leadership
Session 3: Awakener Workshop
In partnership with the Pachamama Alliance, this two-hour Awakener workshop will help us examine what’s most important in our lives and in our work. We will look squarely at the state of the world — where we are and how we got here — and then explore what role we can play in bringing forth an environmentally sustainable, spiritually fulfilling, socially just human presence on this planet.
Carolyn Buck Luce & Sara Vetter
Session 4: Women Rising: The Time Has Come
We are living in unique times, ones that are calling on us to rise as women. And yet that emerging, essential sisterhood is not without its cracks and challenges. Tonight, we’re convening a frank and open conversation, hosted by some of the most pioneering thinkers in the world, about what this era demands of us, how to unite as women, and what it looks like to change the dream of modern society to one that is in service of all life.
Reverend Deborah Johnson, Berry Liberman, Konda Mason, and Lynne Twist
Session 5: Rising From the Ashes: Powerful Stories of Perseverance and Tools for Resilience
Every leader faces challenges and setbacks. It comes with the territory. How we respond to them is what matters. In this powerful session, we’ll hear stories from women who have faced extreme challenges, learn how they got through them, and explore their best skills and practices for becoming more resilient leaders.
Miki Agrawal, Kim Coupounas, Cylvia Hayes
Session 6: Embodiment Workshop
Session 7: Creating Thriving, Inclusive Workplaces For All
The stats don’t lie: if all team members don’t feel accepted, acknowledged, and included in a workplace, business performance suffers — along with potential for impact. This illuminating session features insights from pioneering thought leaders and game-changing brands, like Google, on how to build thriving workplaces where all are welcome.
Leslie Caputo, Konda Mason, Karen May
Session 8: Shared Learning: Diving Deep Into Your Workplace Values
In this peer-to-peer working session, we will dive deeper into workplace performance and best practices for creating truly inclusive workplace cultures.
Session 9: Building a Business With Purpose: Founders Share Their Insights on How to Start, Scale, and Persevere
Purpose-driven businesses can be the largest driver of positive change that the world has ever seen. In this engaging session, we will hear from four successful female founders who have built purpose-driven enterprises from the ground up. We will dive deep into best practices for starting a business, how to overcome common challenges that business owners face, and how having a purpose adds value to their brands.
Robyn Sue Fisher, Virginia Klausmeier, Courtney Klein, Yve-Car Momperousse
Session 10: Financing Your Dream: Raising Capital in Alignment with Your Values
Only 20% of all business investment goes into women-led businesses — and that’s even worse for women of color. In this session, we will hear from female founders who have been in the trenches raising capital for their businesses, as well as from thought leaders in the space on how we can move the needle to facilitate more investment in women-led ventures.
Amy Baglan, Jenny Kassan, Natalia Oberti Noguera, Jessica Norwood
On the Frontier: A Conversation On Breaking Down Barriers
In this inspirational session, we will hear from pioneering women who are breaking down barriers in their positions of leadership. We’ll have a deep dialogue about how they’ve gotten to where they are and what has worked in terms of blazing the trail.
Lisa Dyson, Susan Griffin Black, Deborah Jackson, Olivia Khalili, Nellie Morris
What Will It Take to Empower More Women? Best Practices and Insights on How to Elevate Ourselves
Madeline Albright once said, “There is a special place in hell for women who don’t help other women.” In our culminating session, we will hear from multiple women who are using the power of markets to empower others of their gender. We’ll learn about what works, what doesn’t, and what more we can all do to uplift women from all walks of life.
Marianne Schnall, Anya Cherneff, Rahama Wright, Ayla Schlosser
Top 7 Reasons to Attend
- Connection: Connect deeply with like-minded peers in a safe space
- Support: Discover the support that you need to take on the challenges that you’re facing and have the opportunity to support others who are equally challenged
- Rejuvenation: Find the space to rejuvenate in a restorative environment with on-site yoga, fitness and wellness centers
- Inspiration: Hear new, inspirational ideas to help you breakthrough old patterns of thinking and behavior
- Education: Learn about new resources, best practices, and key insights from the best and brightest in the field
- Elevation: Elevate your capacity to lead and take your business or role to the next level
- Food: No seriously, the food at 1440 is extraordinary.