The 2017 Conscious Company Leaders Awards recognize the year’s most innovative, influential, and dedicated values-based business leaders. Winners will be announced at the Conscious Company Leader’s Forum event in June, featured in the July/August print issue of CONSCIOUS COMPANY magazine, and highlighted on the Conscious Company website.
Who is eligible to enter?
- Anyone can submit a nomination.
- Nominees should be business leaders or executives (C-suite level) who have been in leadership positions for at least 5 years, preferably 10, and have a demonstrated commitment to values-based leadership.
Do you accept leaders of nonprofits?
We focus mainly on using business mechanisms to solve social problems. So if the nonprofit has a self-sustaining, earned revenue model, we’re totally happy to consider its leader. If the organization is grant or donation funded, it’s not a great fit.
What does the entry process involve?
- Fill out the short nomination form below.
- If your nominee is chosen as a finalist, we’ll send you an additional round of questions. We will need some participation from the nominee at this point.
- Our team of judges will review the finalist application materials and select the winners and honorable mentions.
What do you mean by “conscious leaders”?
We mean business leaders who demonstrate a higher set of values (beyond a narrow focus on shareholder returns) through their words, the way they operate in the workplace, and their actions in the world. These leaders live their lives through an established value system and make choices with clear intention.
This commitment is reflected in:
- Their leadership style
- The way they build their workplace
- Their effectiveness in using the business and their leadership role to strengthen their communities and protect our environment.
Excelling in any one of these three aspects qualifies, but preference will be given to leaders who demonstrate strength across all three.
Who will be judging the entries?
In addition to the Conscious Company editorial staff, our panel of expert judges includes:
- Ben Anderson, Chief B Keeper, B Lab
- David Brodwin, VP and co-founder, American Sustainable Business Council (ASBC)
- Ryan Cabinte, Senior Faculty, Presidio Graduate School
- Pamela Chaloult, Chief Opportunity Officer, BALLE
- Lori Darley, CEO and Founder, Conscious Leaders
- Meghan French Dunbar, co-founder, Conscious Company Media
- Cesar Gonzalez, CEO, StartingBloc
- Andrew Hewitt, Founder, GameChangers500
- Scott Kriens, Founder, 1440 Multiversity
- Mike Rowlands, President & CEO, Junxion Strategy
- Yanik Silver, founder, Maverick1000
- Cory Smith, Cofounder & CEO, Wisdom Labs
- Paul Thallner, Partner, Great Place to Work
- Gerry Valentine, Founder, Vision Executive Coaching
When will I found out if I’ve won?
We’ll be publicly announcing the winners at the Conscious Company Global Leaders Forum event in the Bay Area on June 7-9. Winners do not need to be present; however, we encourage nominees to consider attending.
Winners may find out (under embargo) that they’ve won ahead of that date if logistical considerations demand.
What’s in it for the winners?
Winners will be featured in the July/August print issue of CONSCIOUS COMPANY magazine (including even possibly the chance to be on the cover), at our first-annual event, and in related digital content. Winner will also earn the industry-wide recognition that comes with this honor.
Any nominee selected as a finalists will also qualify for a discounted registration to our Conscious Company Global Leaders Forum event in the Bay Area on June 7-9.