Thank you for your interest in working for Conscious Company Media. All available positions are listed below.
Conscious Company Media is seeking a part-time, contract digital editor.
Us: We’re a small, dynamic, woman-owned start-up, an independent media company, and a team on a mission to change the world. Since 2015, we’ve been publishing a bi-monthly, nationally distributed print magazine about business as a tool for elevating humanity. In early 2017, we launched a new website and began exploring what adding more digital-first articles could look like. We’re still exploring that, learning new things every week. We’re also running regular webinars, hosting our first conference, and talking big about what comes next.
We work primarily with a network of expert contributors and our in-house staff to feature interviews with experts, how-to articles, and thought leadership from the trenches of mission-driven business. Our thesis is that business is one of the world’s most powerful tools, and that we can — and must — choose to harness its power as a force for good to solve humanity’s most daunting challenges. To do so requires a new level of awareness around ourselves as leaders, the workplace cultures we create, and the broader impact companies have on their communities and the world.
Our audience includes social entrepreneurs, leaders of existing companies large and small, and all those curious about and committed to creating a new future of business as usual.
You: Have a passion for words and stories and using them to enable and inspire others.
- Strong attention to detail
- Excited to work independently
- Passion for learning
- High self-awareness, comfortable being vulnerable, positive energy, proven interest in self-development and personal growth
- Willing to live with uncertainty
- Experience as a digital editor
- Writing headlines and metadescriptions
- Optimizing articles for search engines
- Polishing copy — familiarity with AP Style a plus
- Content marketing know-how
- Based anywhere, though ideally you’re available during some part of the 9 am – 5 pm MT window.
- Familiarity with and passion for the world of B Corps, mission-driven business, conscious leadership, sustainability, and high-trust workplace cultures a major plus.
Together: We’ll bring Conscious Company’s digital editorial content to a new level. You’ll work closely with our editorial director to edit, post, and publish online articles from our network of contributors (mostly non-professional writers). You’ll help with copy editing and following our house style, linking and SEO optimization (including writing titles and subtitles), and developmental editing to make sure the content flows in a way that makes sense for readers and helps the author sound as smart as we know they are. You’ll also coordinate with our art and social media team members to get post images and strategize social promotion of stories.
To start with, we’re looking for about 5 hours a week of contract help, with the option for this position to grow substantially.
- Approximately 20 hours per month to start
- Pay $20 – 30/hr, DOE
Please send materials you believe demonstrate your skill set and personality and that will convince us you’re the right person for this position to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Digital Editor Applicant.”
Conscious Company Media is seeking editorial interns to help with all aspects of producing our bimonthly print and daily digital magazine about business as a force for good.
As an editorial intern, you’ll work closely with our editorial director to write, report, edit, and post content about social entrepreneurship, workplace culture, sustainable business, mission-driven and triple-bottom-line best practices, and business as a force for good. You’ll also attend all editorial team meetings and be an integral part of our content planning and production process.
Conscious Company is a small startup with a remote team, so you’ll get experience working in that environment. You’ll complete some of your work independently on your own schedule, and also spend time 1-2 days per week with our editorial team at the Impact Hub in downtown Boulder.
We’re committed to making internships with Conscious Company fulfilling and educational for our interns, so there will be room for you to create and pursue specific projects that relate to your areas of interest and expertise.
- Demonstrated interest in writing, reporting, journalism, and research
- Excellent writing skills
- Demonstrated interest in sustainability, social justice, social change, and/or human rights
- Demonstrated interest in sustainable business
- Available to work with our team at the Impact Hub in Boulder at least one day per week
- High attention to detail
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic
- Can receive academic credit for your internship
While we’re open to considering qualified first- or second-year students, most successful applicants we’ve worked with are juniors, seniors, or graduate students.
10-20 hours a week, with flexible schedule and opportunities to work both remotely and with our team
This is currently an UNPAID position
Please upload a cover letter, resume, and writing sample at the following link: https://consciouscompany.submittable.com/submit/81615/apply-for-an-internship-with-conscious-company